Saturday, October 9, 2010

agree or disagree

I agree with that statement. I agree with that because if there was not any TV to watch children would not be in the house all the time watching television or playing video games. Kids would be outside more and exerting more energy then they do now. Also if we unplugged all the TV sets in America then there would be no distractions for the children from doing their homework and studying. They would put more time and effort into their school work because there would be less distractions. When I was in elementary school there would be this contest and all the kids in the school would have to unplug their TVs for a week. Once I turned my TV off for a week i played outside more with my friends, was not always laying around, and I put more effort into my homework. This happened with all the kids that participated in the contest. So I do agree that if we unplug all the televisions in America that children would go outside and play more, be healthier, and more educated.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way! I mean, I never used to watch as much tv as my little brother does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is pretty interesting how when you were in school you had a contest to unplug your tv for a week! That is also pretty cool how by doing so it got you to play more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a contest to unplug the tv for a week sounds interesting. i don't watch much tv because there aren't any shows that pique my interest, but it would devastate my daughter if she could not watch the disney channel for a week. i might just give this a try...

    ReplyDelete